This is just a quick recipe post I came across. I haven’t actually tried it yet, but I’m trying to get into the seaweed scene and this looked like a relatively friendly recipe to try out. Let me know what you think!
Meanwhile, I will be snoozing hardcore in my bed — classes started today and I even did a 20-minute run before classes today! It was a hot and sweaty time. Rawr.
Cucumber, Radish and Seaweed Salad
– 1 cup dried arame seaweed
– 2 large cucumbers (halved lengthwise and sliced thin)
– roughly 8 small radishes (trimmed and quartered)
– 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
– 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons black/white sesame seeds (toasted and cooled)
1. Soak arame in cold water until tender (~15 minutes). Drain.
2. Add cucumbers, radishes, rice vinegar and soy sauce. Toss.
3. Cover and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
4. Before serving, toss again and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
You all rock. Lovelovelove.