She sat there with pieces of her past strewn on the floor in front of her. Numbly, she fingered the black and white photographs, looking without really seeing.
^ So this was in my drafts folder; looks like I started writing a story but didn’t get far at all. Maybe I’ll work on it some day. But in the mean time…
I came across the Game of Thrones online store, and it’s sort of a bad thing I did. I pretty much want everything from sigil pint glasses to Stark banners and the Stark sigil ring (I love the Starks, mostly because they have direwolves and I want one), but unfortunately I don’t get any because I’m too broke. MER. Here are a few of my favorite gems; figured I would share and spread the wealth of knowledge.
A cookbook endorsed by George R. R. Martin that contains more than 100 recipes and is divided by region:
• The Wall: Rack of Lamb and Herbs; Pork Pie; Mutton in Onion-Ale Broth; Mulled Wine; Pease Porridge
• The North: Beef and Bacon Pie; Honeyed Chicken; Aurochs with Roasted Leeks; Baked Apples
• The South: Cream Swans; Trout Wrapped in Bacon; Stewed Rabbit; Sister’s Stew; Blueberry Tarts
• King’s Landing: Lemon Cakes; Quails Drowned in Butter; Almond Crusted Trout; Bowls of Brown; Iced Milk with Honey
• Dorne: Stuffed Grape Leaves; Duck with Lemons; Chickpea Paste
• Across the Narrow Sea: Biscuits and Bacon; Tyroshi Honeyfingers; Wintercakes; Honey-Spiced Locusts
Um… YUM. If anyone wants to buy it for me I’ll cook you a plethora of tasty old school meals (kidding… but not really at all).
Okay, so THIS is outrageous. Ladies and gentlemen, meet the Iron Throne. This bad boy is made of hand-finished/painted fiberglass and fire-proof resin. It stands over 7′ in height, 6′ in depth and 5.5′ in width, and weighs in at a whopping 35o pounds.
Excuse me? If you have an extra $30,000 lying around, by all means buy it… but seriously? Some day…
I clearly have a
minor major obsession with Game of Thrones, and even more so now that I finally finished the second book! HOLLER. It was oh, only 969 pages… these books are seriously messing with the amount of books I wanted to read over the summer since one book equals like two or three normal books, but no matter. They are beyond worth it. Of course, I already bought the third one and can’t wait to crack it open, but first I told myself I needed to read my orientation packet for France, since that kind of takes precedence.
Speaking of books read this summer, I wanted to make a list of the ones I’ve conquered. It’s kind of a sad listing, but…
– Game of Thrones (Book One)
– The Hunger Games (Book One)
– Catching Fire (Book Two Hunger Games)
– A Clash of Kings (Book Two Game of Thrones)
For an English major who is used to cranking out three or four books a week, this is child’s play; but, I guess that’s what happens when I have to work and intern all the damned time. I also read the majority of Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut, but I still need to finish it up. I wish I could have read more, but I may still get a chance since I have about a week of nothingness before I leave for Europe. We shall see! If anyone has any book recommendations – I bought Water For Elephants and plan to get to that, and I have The Help and Divine by Choice in line as well – feel free to send them my way! All genres welcome, and length need not be taken into consideration.
Okay, guys… I gotta get back to work. I tried eating as slowly as possible, but a sandwich and an orange can only take so long to consume. Stay awesome 0_O