One day, someone is going to hug you so tight,
That all of your broken pieces
Will stick back together.
I have a lot of work that still needs to be accomplished today so this will be short, but I wanted to share some information I gathered from this article, touching upon 7-steps to do in order to have a stellar morning.
- Have something to look forward to, and think of it the night before.
- Manage your mood by doing what makes you happy early in the day. They also say to not check your e-mails first thing.
- Eat breakfast!!!
- Do something you dread. It’ll make you feel more accomplished.
- Send a “thank you” e-mail. Every morning send a friend, family member or co-worker an email to say thanks for something.
- Plan how you’ll deal with challenges.
- Kiss somebody you love. Apparently, men who kiss their wives before work live 5 years longer, make 20-30 percent more money, and are far less likely to get in a car accident.
That’s all I got for now – enjoy the rest of your Thursday and remember, the weekend is almost here!! xoxox
Fellow Travel Bugs,
I just booked a trip to Tucson, Arizona!!! I’m super excited (I’ve never been to AZ before) AND I will be going during Winter Break in January, so I’ll escape some of the brutal New England cold *hopefully*. Plus there are rocks, rocks and more rocks for me to climb. Eeeee.
If anyone has any Arizona recommendations, even if it’s outside of Tucson, please let me know! I always appreciate the advice and feedback.
I use this website called student universe where they give you discounted tickets if you’re a student or faculty member. They also send me the occasional email, and one that I received recently was cool, so I figured I would pass it along. They claimed 7 prime destinations for 2016 with reasonable travel price tags, and they are as follows:
- Reykjavik, Iceland. Cue Northern Lights, hot springs and geothermal beaches
- Hong Kong, China
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Kyoto, Japan
- Venice, Italy
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Queenstown, New Zealand
… okay, so who’s coming with me?!? But really.
Hey Baby Loves,
I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving 🙂 I ate lots of tasty food, spent time with family and drank copious amounts of wine and champagne because well… why not? Antioxidants, yo. There was an underlying hint of sadness to the holiday for me [though I hate to say it]; mostly because my boyfriend and I broke up the week prior so it was my first holiday sans partner. We were together for 5 years, so suddenly not seeing or talking to my best friend has been difficult, but life continues. I’m trying to stay distracted so if anyone has any advice, I’d love to hear it.
That’s all I’m going to say on that depressing subject SO to lighten the mood… these pointers are derived from this article which focuses on 10 Things We Can Learn From Our Dogs That Will Make Us Happier and Healthier Humans. Being an avid dog lover, it’s extra fabulous. Anyway, here they are:
1. Live in the moment. Each day is new and singular with great possibilities untainted by the lens of past experiences; take it as they come. Don’t dwell on past disappointments and don’t fret over the future, good or bad. This moment is all any of us has for sure.
2. Forgive. Don’t analyze why people did what they did, don’t harp on understanding it. Simply forgive you. The past is gone and time is precious. Every day matters.
3. Reward yourself with treats once in a while. It’s OK. Treats are good! Treats are part of being in the moment, showing love and appreciation to yourself and those around you. Treats can be small and include time spent together away from the complicated busy-ness of the world.
4. Take good care of yourself. Take naps, clean yourself, get exercise, get pampered, get regular checkups, take walks in nature and enjoy life without guilt. Make time each day for basic care so you are vital and ready for challenges and opportunities. Be the best you and be happy.
5. Attitude is everything (and body language and tone of voice matter). We’re here together now and that’s what matters.
6. Walk in nature. You’ll feel better, notice the natural beauty and let the stress of the day go.
7. Hugs matter (and kisses even if you have dog breath). Touch matters. I want to sit next to you and lie next to you and look you in the eyes so you will know how much I love you because I can’t put it into words, so I will show you.
8. Know your real needs. We don’t need a lot of stuff. Remember that.
9. Take time for the simple things (like laying on the furniture together). It doesn’t matter that I don’t like the Real Housewives of anywhere but I’m lying next to you and you’re happy. That’s enough.
10. Love is the only thing that really matters. If you are breathing, it’s a good day. Neither of us is perfect and it doesn’t matter. Real love sees no flaws. You will love me regardless to the end of my days. And I will do the same for you as long as I can and after.
Stay fabulous. Woof.
Well, I just spent a sold three and a half hours editing a proposal for my assistantship advisor. Let me tell you, getting paid decent bucks to read and edit things is awesome.
On an unrelated note, a blogger health lady that I follow posted a thing about ways to improve your self care, or something like that. Anyway, I jotted down the list and thought I would share it with you lovely folks. Can’t hurt to self-care, right? RIGHT.
- Take a relaxing candlelit bath
- Go to a restorative yoga class
- Take a walk outside
- Prepare a healthy meal full of local veggies
- Treat yourself to a massage
- Meditate for 10 minutes when you wake up
- Cozy up in front of the fire with a cup of tea
- Go to a cafe and read a book
- Host a girls night
- Have a date night in
- Treat yourself to a mani/pedi
- Start each day with a glass of warm, lemon H20
- Take 5-10 deep breaths whenever your feeling stressed
- Send a handwritten card to a loved one
- End each day by writing down 3 things your grateful for
- Unplug for an hour, a day, or a week!
- Buy yourself flowers
- Listen to live music
- Have a solo dance party
I actually do a lot of these, so I guess that means I enjoy pampering myself, which well… is true, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. You’ve got to take care of number one, folks. Don’t forget that!
x’s and o’s as always ❤
I desperately desire, want slash NEED this. If there’s any rich benefactor out there reading this… you know how to reach me 😉
That is all.