Happy Monday! I’m currently posted up in bed after a busy day at work and enjoying the sunshine. It’s finally feeling like spring = happiness. I even treated myself to a tasty Eggs Benedict at the Breakfast Nook II while studying for the GRE’s this morning in celebration of the sun.
I have this recipe for a breakfast salad I have been meaning to share (and make myself again), so without further ado, here she is:
– 1 medium sized sweet potato, diced
– 2 hardboiled eggs
– ½ small red onion, diced
– 5 strips of bacon, diced
– 1 avocado, diced (or mushed, depending on preference)
– fresh squeezed lemon juice
1. Boil eggs – 10 minutes will yield hard eggs.
2. While eggs are boiling, cook bacon in coconut oil.
3. After 5 minutes of cooking bacon, add your sweet potato and onion.
4. Cook until the sweet potato is a light gold.
5. Once eggs are cooked, peel and dice them.
6. Add avocado and lemon juice; mix ingredients together.
7. Divulge 😉
Simple stuff, right? It’s a fantastic way to start your day since it has the macro-nutrients (protein, fats, carbohydrates) your body needs along with some colorful micro-nutrients, too!
My go-to breakfast that I make virtually every morning is 2 eggs over easy with cheese on some sort of bread that has either avocado, hummus or fresh salsa spread on it. I also add ketchup and hot sauce because I like the taste and we can’t always eat perfectly. This is quick and easy, but I think tomorrow since I have the day off I will get a little crazy and make this salad instead. Anyone have any good staple meals you eat to break your fast?
Until next time!