Hello beautiful people!
Chile has been getting some positive publicity lately and promoting tourism within their borders. Being a supporter of all things travel, I figured I would help them with their promotion; plus, I think these sort of information tidbits are beneficial to any travel bug 😀
- Beaches. With thousands of miles of coastline, Chile is almost a country entirely of coastline.
- Desert. In northern Chile, there exists San Pedro de Atacama with awe-inspiring skies.
- Patagonia. I don’t think I have to say more. Just know in southern Chile, Patagonia = awesome.
- Art. Specifically, street art in Valparaiso; it’s badass.
- Food. Need I say more? A wide array with amazing flavors. Try it all.
- People. Good people are quintessential to a positive travel experience. Apparently, Chileans are just that.
- Sandboarding. It’s on my life to-do list, why not add it to yours?
That’s all I’ve got right now. I just made these ah-mazing plant/veggie burgers so stay tuned for a recipe and pictures at some point! I love when healthy tastes good.
x’s and o’s
Well, well, September has arrived!
I start having meetings on Monday and classes begin for my Master’s program on Wednesday the 9th. It’s getting real, folks o_O. I’m cramming in as much bum and reading time as I can while my brain is free and able to breathe.
However, just because summer is unofficially over (the official date of Fall is September 23rd, for those who don’t know) does not mean I will succumb, and I hope you won’t, either. Enjoy the beautiful weather for as long as you can.
Don’t get me wrong, I really love Fall, but I also really adore lamping around down at my family’s beach house and soaking up some rays. I mean… who wouldn’t? I have to say, I made it to the beach more times this Summer than any previous one I can remember, and I freaking love it. ESPECIALLY when the beach is within walking distance and I can bring beers. Hehe.
A little off topic, but I read this article today titled, “Four Daily Habits of a Good Boss”, and I wanted to quickly share the four habits with you lovely folks. To be frank, I think these habits do not just pertain to a good boss, so ignore the title and take the tips in stride. I do these things most of the time, and I am not exactly a budding entrepreneur — at least not yet. *wink*
- Take time for yourself every morning. It sets a good pace for the rest of your day. Keep up with the routine! Here’s mine: wake up, take allergy medicine and probiotic, break my fast, drink beverage (either tea, hot water with lemon, or chocolate milk), drum up physical or mental to-do list, carpe diem. Boom.
- Eat Breakfast. I already mentioned this above. The article says to “think of your mind as a motor. Without proper fuel, it sputters and never really gets running strong.” My breakfast varies depending on how much time I have. If I have ample time, I make a juice or my favorite: two eggs over medium on healthy bread with a slice of cheese and either hummus or avocado spread on the toast (I also add ketchup and hot sauce but we can overlook that unhealthy bit). If I have a tiny bit of time, I will attempt to make a smoothie, and if I’m crunched on time I usually grab a banana, hard-boiled egg I previously made, or a healthy bar of some sort, because carbs are crucial early in the day.
- Catch up with your team. Okay, this is more boss oriented, but I twist this into just staying in touch with those whose company you hold dear. Friends, family, co-workers, etc., don’t be afraid to reach out and catch up. It’s nice to socialize.
- Ask what can be done better. Nobody is perfect. Sorry if anyone was under the impression that they were. There is always something that can be improved upon, and if you ask others and yourself on a regular basis how you can be the best possible person you can be, you’re sure to be an awesome individual. Life is an ongoing learning process; embrace it! Don’t stay stagnant, it smells.
There you have it, my turtle doves. My computer battery is perilously close to dying, so I’m going to have to sign off. Have a great Labor Day weekend and get outside in the sun!