It’s nearing the beginning of picnic season, which is always an exciting time to grab some local food and drink, prepare tasty snacks, and soak up all the beauty nature has to offer.
I’m a big fan of picnicking, and wanted to share with you some of my favorite sandwiches and snacks to bring along, as well as some other items I deem useful. I’m still on the hunt for the perfect picnic basket, so if anyone has any recommendations, please share!
- fig jam/arugula/prosciutto/asiago
- goat cheese/grilled veggies
- gouda/chicken salad
- cream cheese/cucumber
- dates stuffed with almonds
- honey/jam/peanut butter/chocolate spread
- beverage: wine, of course! I store mine in my corkcicle canteen
- blanket: very important. I adore my tarpestry
- basket: as I mentioned… still on the hunt!
- utensils: I want to invest in some nice reusable picnic utensils, plates, cutting board and knife. Again, recommendations are highly encouraged.
- books, music, and a perfect location are also good to have on hand 🙂
I highly recommend you give the sandwiches a try. Tres delicious. Happy picnicking!!