Well hello, beautiful humanoids.
I’ve been busy as a bee lately, forgive me. I know I still owe London pictures, and maybe this week I will accomplish that feat. Right now though, my eyes are drooping and I think bed is my next step. Before I knock out for the evening, I wanted to wish everyone who lives in America a very happy Fourth of July! Celebrate that independence, yo. Pretty interesting timing considering Brexit and all.
Also, I would like to share some exercise tidbits I picked up today whilst unsuccessfully attempting to clean out my many inboxes. E-mails are a plague at times, I swear! I would like to also recommend you fine folks give hot yoga a try. I’ve been going at least once, sometimes even twice (!!!) a week for almost a month now and I feel freakin’ fabulous. I’ve been working in regular yoga, too, and encourage that for those of you who aren’t ready to bring the heat (yet).
Anyway. After working out, I get stiff. It happens. There are methods to take to ease that stiffness, and here are some recommendations that I have:
3) gentle movements
5) foam roll
Foam rolling feels pretty awful when you’re doing it, but I promise you it’s worth it. I’m going to do more video research and find the best ones for you guys to use as a reference.
Finally, here are some unique little ways to exercise during the day without actually working out:
- While prepping for the day (ex: brushing teeth) do balance exercises such as standing on one foot or if you’re really ambitious and awesome, do some squats!
- Power walk everywhere instead of walking at a normal pace. Not only will you burn calories, but you will look damn important.
- If you take the bus or train, get off a stop early and hoof it the rest of the way.
- If you drive everywhere, park far away from your destination. Give those legs a good stretching.
- Take the stairs. Elevators are for sissy’s.
- If you’re at work during lunch hours, leave your desk. Walk somewhere to grab or lunch or just take a brisk walk before sitting down to eat your packed lunch.
- Only make phone calls when you are in motion.
- While waiting for dinner to cook, use your kitchen counter as a barre and do some exercises.
- When in the grocery store (or any store), basket > cart. Biceps!
- Wait in the longer line at checkout and during the wait, do some calf raises.
- Wash dishes by hand sometimes. Not only will this save energy, but it gives those arms a workout, too.
Okay my dears, that’s all I’ve got for now. Stay wonderful and remain safe during the Holiday! xoxo