Hey Baby Loves,
I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving 🙂 I ate lots of tasty food, spent time with family and drank copious amounts of wine and champagne because well… why not? Antioxidants, yo. There was an underlying hint of sadness to the holiday for me [though I hate to say it]; mostly because my boyfriend and I broke up the week prior so it was my first holiday sans partner. We were together for 5 years, so suddenly not seeing or talking to my best friend has been difficult, but life continues. I’m trying to stay distracted so if anyone has any advice, I’d love to hear it.
That’s all I’m going to say on that depressing subject SO to lighten the mood… these pointers are derived from this article which focuses on 10 Things We Can Learn From Our Dogs That Will Make Us Happier and Healthier Humans. Being an avid dog lover, it’s extra fabulous. Anyway, here they are:
1. Live in the moment. Each day is new and singular with great possibilities untainted by the lens of past experiences; take it as they come. Don’t dwell on past disappointments and don’t fret over the future, good or bad. This moment is all any of us has for sure.
2. Forgive. Don’t analyze why people did what they did, don’t harp on understanding it. Simply forgive you. The past is gone and time is precious. Every day matters.
3. Reward yourself with treats once in a while. It’s OK. Treats are good! Treats are part of being in the moment, showing love and appreciation to yourself and those around you. Treats can be small and include time spent together away from the complicated busy-ness of the world.
4. Take good care of yourself. Take naps, clean yourself, get exercise, get pampered, get regular checkups, take walks in nature and enjoy life without guilt. Make time each day for basic care so you are vital and ready for challenges and opportunities. Be the best you and be happy.
5. Attitude is everything (and body language and tone of voice matter). We’re here together now and that’s what matters.
6. Walk in nature. You’ll feel better, notice the natural beauty and let the stress of the day go.
7. Hugs matter (and kisses even if you have dog breath). Touch matters. I want to sit next to you and lie next to you and look you in the eyes so you will know how much I love you because I can’t put it into words, so I will show you.
8. Know your real needs. We don’t need a lot of stuff. Remember that.
9. Take time for the simple things (like laying on the furniture together). It doesn’t matter that I don’t like the Real Housewives of anywhere but I’m lying next to you and you’re happy. That’s enough.
10. Love is the only thing that really matters. If you are breathing, it’s a good day. Neither of us is perfect and it doesn’t matter. Real love sees no flaws. You will love me regardless to the end of my days. And I will do the same for you as long as I can and after.
Stay fabulous. Woof.