Well, I just spent a sold three and a half hours editing a proposal for my assistantship advisor. Let me tell you, getting paid decent bucks to read and edit things is awesome.
On an unrelated note, a blogger health lady that I follow posted a thing about ways to improve your self care, or something like that. Anyway, I jotted down the list and thought I would share it with you lovely folks. Can’t hurt to self-care, right? RIGHT.
- Take a relaxing candlelit bath
- Go to a restorative yoga class
- Take a walk outside
- Prepare a healthy meal full of local veggies
- Treat yourself to a massage
- Meditate for 10 minutes when you wake up
- Cozy up in front of the fire with a cup of tea
- Go to a cafe and read a book
- Host a girls night
- Have a date night in
- Treat yourself to a mani/pedi
- Start each day with a glass of warm, lemon H20
- Take 5-10 deep breaths whenever your feeling stressed
- Send a handwritten card to a loved one
- End each day by writing down 3 things your grateful for
- Unplug for an hour, a day, or a week!
- Buy yourself flowers
- Listen to live music
- Have a solo dance party
I actually do a lot of these, so I guess that means I enjoy pampering myself, which well… is true, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. You’ve got to take care of number one, folks. Don’t forget that!
x’s and o’s as always ❤