- 2 Medium Carrots
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- Peal the carrots and steam until soft.
- Mash the carrots until they’ve reached a creamy consistency.
- Mix in the all natural honey – try local if you can, too.
- Stir in olive oil.
- Squeeze a few drops of fresh lemon juice into the face mask mixture. Lemon is a natural astringent and will help clean greasy skin. If your skin tends to dry easily, add only 8 to 10 drops; if you skin tends to be oily, add up to 1 tbsp. of lemon juice.
- Use a spoon to drop small amounts onto your hands and gently massage the mask onto your face for several minutes – you can keep it on for an additional 5 minutes for maximum awesomness.
- Wash it off with water in sink or hop in the shower.
2. Pumpkin Spice. This do-it-yourself face mask recipe with all natural ingredients is so incredibly simple to concoct and only takes about two minutes to make; there is no reason not to give it a try.
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin puree (fresh or canned, but with no added ingredients)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Bentonite Clay
- 1/4 teaspoon (or less) cinnamon powder*
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Apply to face in a gentle, circular motion.
- Leave on skin for 5 minutes, then wash off with a warm, wet washcloth.
*Be advised that this is not for sensitive skin, so omit if you fall in this category.
This recipe will make enough for 2 face masks, but can be doubled or tripled to make a larger batch. However, a little goes a long way. I wouldn’t recommend making a bunch and storing it for later, either. Fresh is best.
If you’re not familiar with Bentonite Clay, it is composed of aged volcanic ash and is named after the largest known deposit of Bentonite Clay in Fort Benton, Wyoming. In this instance, it’s purpose is for external skin care, but it has various other beneficial uses. A good quality of clay should be a cream or gray color (be wary of white), and the texture is fine with a velvety feel. It does not smell or stain, so it’s kid friendly! You can find Bentonite Clay in various online stores as well as select stores that sell health supplies, such as The Vitamin Shoppe, Walgreens or Walmart.
There you have it my turtle doves. Now, what are you waiting for? Try at least one of those masks, pop on a Christmas movie, make some hot chocolate and let your pores do their happy dance. Plus, think of how much money you would spend for a facial at the spa… this makes your pocket pleased to boot. Stay awesome everyone ❤