My dears – this is brilliant.
Yes, I may not have any daughters, nor do I plan to have any in the coming years, but I think that this is a beneficial read, regardless of your gender/age/whatever. I am particularly a fan of 10, 31, 36, 40, 50, 57, 59, 67, 77, 90 and 96.
Number 36 is one that definitely should be more prominent in our culture. I don’t know why, but women always seem to have to compete with one another; it’s so silly! How are we supposed to move up in this world and be valued as equals to men if we can’t even appreciate and care for one another? We’re all beautiful, ladies, and we should be sticking together. Let’s just start loving one another like we should, okay? Good things will be sure to follow.
If you are one of those women who feels the need to compete with the rest of your fellow female comrades (or if you are just downright mean and don’t like spreading love), I suggest that you change your attitude, and quickly, or you will soon find yourself a very lonely lady. If you don’t think you’re capable of being friendly with other women, I am calling your bluff. I’m always down to make some more friends. Try me.
1. Chocolate is only a temporary fix.
2. A properly-fitting bra is not a luxury. It is a necessity.
3. Your happiness is your happiness and yours alone.
4. How to apply red lipstick.
5. How to wear the crap out of red lipstick.
6. A boyfriend does not validate your existence.
7. Eat the extra slice of pizza.
8. Wear what makes you feel gracefully at ease.
9. Love the world unconditionally.
10. Seek beauty in all things.
11. Buy your friends dinner when you can.
12. Wear sunscreen like it’s your second job.
13. Try with all your might to keep in contact with far-away friends.
14. Make the world feel at ease around you.
15. Walk with your head up.
16. Order a cheeseburger on the first date if you want to.
17. Never, ever bite your nails.
18. Swipe on some lipstick, put on your leather…
View original post 652 more words