Hello, again! I don’t want to overwhelm anyone with a plethora of posts in one day, but the one I posted earlier wasn’t too intense, so I figured this one would be okay to share without hurting your eyes, brain, etc.
I don’t work until 2 today, so I had some time after the gym – it was leg day – to get a little creative with my post-workout green smoothie. I have to say, this one is just what I wanted and needed after a nice workout, and you should definitely give it a go sometime. It’s pretty tasty, too! Make sure to read thoroughly so you can see the benefits of the drink; it’s not just a blend I threw together, there’s a method to the madness!
– Coconut Water (for base)
– 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
– 3/4 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
– Handful Baby Spinach
– 1/4 Avocado
– 1/2 Apple
– 1/2 Orange
– Chia Seeds: rich in anti-oxidants, excellent source of fiber, high in omega-3’s and minerals, regulates insulin and gives a feeling of satiety. I added it in today specifically for the feeling of satiety.
– Coconut Oil: anti-oxidants, boosts metabolism, aids in weight loss, regulates blood sugar, purifies blood, improves hair/skin, prevents heart disease, lowers cholesterol, good anti-fungal. I added it for the metabolism and weight loss since I’m currently trying to cut down my body fat from 21.2% to 20%.
– Coconut Water: aids weight loss, low fat content, suppresses appetite, moisturizes skin, settles stomach, re-hydrates, facilitates digestion, reduces blood pressure, high in potassium. I added this in for the weight loss and re-hydration properties.
– Spinach: Tons of Vitamins K, A, D & E, good source Omega-3, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidants, alkalizes body, nourishes eyes, strengthens bones. I snuck spinach in because the vitamins and bone benefits.
– Apple: Feel fuller due to high fiber, anti-oxidants, Vitamin C, lowers cholesterol, promotes weight loss, helps bowel function, helps with asthma symptoms. I added apple for weight loss properties and because I have asthma.
– Orange: Helps prevent many cancers, prevents kidney disease, lowers cholesterol, boosts heart health, vitamin C lowers disease risk, relieves constipation, vitamin A promotes good eye sight, regulates high blood pressure, anti-oxidants. I chose this for the vitamins to flush into my system.
There you have it!! If you aren’t too adapted to green smoothies, maybe don’t add the coconut oil and use regular water, and lessen the spinach, but I think the benefits of this drink make using all the ingredients worthwhile.