Bonjour mes amis! I hope that everyone’s day is starting out lovely, and if you haven’t started yet… time to move! Allez!
“The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.” – Jack London
Lately I’ve been having some epiphanies about what I want to do with my life, and I find myself waking up so much more motivated and happy to just be alive each and every day. It’s quite awesome, and I suggest you all jump on this bandwagon with me.
You don’t have to have an epiphany per-say, but give your brain some exercise. Think. Create ideas. Stimulate your mind. It doesn’t matter how – listen to music that speaks to you, read a book that teaches you something new, or sit down and just prod the inner workings of your brain; it’s an amazing thing, and we don’t even know half of what it is capable of. Try and make the most of each moment that you are blessed to have; after all, we never really know when our time card will be punched out.
Anyway! I made a BOMB smoothie this morning and I wanted to share it with all of you. So: make it, sip it and go do something productive. You’ll be losing nothing if you do and gaining everything.
Here’s what went into it for one large serving:
– 3/4 cup of my homemade almond milk – 1 cup of a medley of strawberries/blueberries/raspberries
– 1/4 cup Greek yogurt – 1/2 tablespoon sugar (honestly, don’t bother adding this. Not healthy or needed)
– 1/8 teaspoon vanilla – 1/4 cup of granola (extra for garnish)
Now, how to concoct:
1. Blend milk and berries in blender until thick and creamy.
2. Add yogurt, sugar (or not!) and vanilla and blend until smooth.
3. Add granola and pulse for 15-20 seconds.
4. Garnish. Serve. Drink!
Stay sweet babes. It’s back day today – time to go pump some iron. o–O–o