I would like to start this post by saying how incredibly stuffed I am, and how I love it. Food rocks.
It’s my momma’s birthday tomorrow, so the whole familia went out to eat at Not Your Average Joe’s; a new restaurant in Warwick, and let me tell you… I thoroughly enjoyed it. I’ll give you a little synopsis on what I ate tonight, and we can all wonder how I’m not a million pounds (actually, it’s not a wonder at all.. thank goodness for rock climbing and working out!).
– Obviously, we had bread. They have this epic olive oil dipping sauce with Vermont cheese mixed in.. yeah, mixed in.
– Appetizer 1: Buffalo-Caribbean Chicken Tenders – hand breaded and tossed with mango-buffalo barbeque sauce, served with pineapple-jalapeno salsa and blue cheese dip.
– Appetizer 2: Pulled Pork Pretzel Bites – house-made bbq sauce, pulled pork, cole slaw and crispy onion strings over pretzel bread.
– Appetizer 3: Spicy Tuna Sushi Roll. ‘Nuff said.
– Then there was a house salad with chipotle-ranch dressing. MMMM
– Entree: Mediterranean Turkey Kabob – marinated in spiced yogurt and grilled on a skewer, served with pesto, artichoke and feta orzo and a curried ziziki sauce.
– Finally, dessert: Molten Chocolate Cake – served warm with a gooey chocolate center, hot chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream with crushed oreo’s underneath (!!!).
Needless to say, I am in my bed working on digesting myself out of this food coma. So far it seems to be going well; I exercised my brain a little bit on Lumosity, too just for kicks. If you’re ever in my neck of the woods, or in one of the 4 states that harbors a Not Your Average Joe’s, go try it out. Also, their silverware is pretty sweet and their collection of draft beers is decently expansive; I went with a Rogue Dead Guy Ale, brewed in Newport, OR.
I was going to actually share some useful health information with you guys, but I think that may just be an overwhelming post, so I’ll upload it tomorrow to space things out. DEFINITELY check it out though, it’s some really great beneficial information, especially for those of you who are feeling a little lardish/lazy in these cold summer months.
Over and out, chickadees. Stay awesome. And full.